New student pre-enrollment for school year 2020-2021 will open on May 4, 2020.Students who attended Head Start in the previous school year and will be moving into Pre-K or Kinder are considered returning students. Details regarding returning student registration will be posted in July.Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Brownwood ISD pre-enrollment is currently offered online through Ascender Parent Portal only.
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT FOR 2020-2021
Children who will be 3 or 4 years old on September 1, 2020 may apply for Head Start. Children who will be 4 years old on September 1, 2020 may apply for Head Start or Pre-Kindergarten.
Required documents for ALL new enrolling students in Head Start through grade 12:
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Student’s Social Security Card
- Student’s Current Immunization Record (to be verified by BISD RN)
- Enrolling Parent/Guardian’s Driver’s License
- Proof of Residency in the Brownwood ISD (utility bill, or mortgage or rental agreement)
Additional required documents for new enrolling students in Head Start and Pre-Kindergarten:
- Proof of income for the past 12 months (pay stubs), W-2, Child Support, 2019 Income Tax Return for all wage-earners in the household
- Current EDG letter
- Foster 2085 (if applicable)
- Medicaid, CHIPS or Private Insurance Verification
A Brownwood ISD representative will contact the enrolling parent/guardian via email no later than August 14, 2020, regarding qualification for Pre-Kindergarten. A Head Start representative will contact parents regarding qualification for Head Start. ENROLLMENT IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN RECEIVES CONFIRMATION.
If you have questions about Pre-K through grade 12 New Student Enrollment, please contact Cindi Caraway at 325-643-5644, extension 1105, or email@example.com.
For questions regarding the Head Start application process, please contact the Brown County Head Start campus at 325-643-1727 or 325-658-6571.