BISD Board of Trustees Approves Project Neighborhood
Project Neighborhood was approved by the BISD Board of Trustees during their regular monthly meeting on Monday, March 14.
The approval realigns Brownwood ISD primary campuses for the 2022-2023 school year as follows:
East Elementary (Pre-K – 5th Grade)
Northwest Elementary (Pre-K – 5th Grade)
Woodland Heights Elementary (Pre-K – 5th Grade)
Coggin Intermediate School (Pre-K – 6th Grade)
This includes a change from Head Start to BISD Pre-K which will add eligibility for three-year-old children. Important information and links are provided below for upcoming deadlines, attendance zone maps, and transfer requests.
- The new attendance zone map is now available online. View your address and find your neighborhood school on the map at:
- To apply for transfer to a school other than the zoned neighborhood school, parents must submit a transfer request with the required information. For additional questions regarding transfers, click here to view our FAQ.
- PRIORITY I Transfer Requests will open Friday, April 1 and must be submitted online by Friday, April 15.
BROWNWOOD ISD PRE-K & KINDERGARTEN
- Beginning in the 2022-2023 school year, 3-year-old children may apply for the BISD Pre-K program. Space is limited and all applications and approvals must be completed in person at one of the scheduled pre-registration events on Tuesday, April 5 (11 am to 6 pm), or Wednesday, April 6 (9 am to 4 pm).
- Qualification for Pre-K must be completed in person before a Transfer Application is submitted.
PROJECT NEIGHBORHOOD INFORMATION
- Additional information regarding Project Neighborhood including upcoming events, past community presentations, flyers, and more can be found online at:
- Parents should log in and make sure student information and contacts are up to date in Parent Portal. For help with this process, please refer to training documents provided at the link below, or contact your child’s campus.