NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT FOR 2021-2022
Children who will be 3 or 4 years old on September 1, 2021 may apply for Head Start. Children who will be 4 years old on September 1, 2021 may apply for Head Start or Pre-Kindergarten.
Required documents for ALL new enrolling students in Head Start through grade 12:
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Student’s Social Security Card
- Student’s Current Immunization Record (to be verified by BISD RN)
- Enrolling Parent/Guardian’s Driver’s License
- Proof of Residency in the Brownwood ISD (utility bill, or mortgage or rental agreement)
Additional required documents for new enrolling students in Head Start and Pre-Kindergarten:
- Proof of income for the past 12 months (pay stubs), W-2, Child Support, 2020 Income Tax Return for all wage-earners in the household
- Current EDG letter
- Foster 2085 (if applicable)
- Medicaid, CHIPS or Private Insurance Verification
Head Start pre-qualification dates:
Students who attended Head Start in the previous school year and will be moving into Pre-K or Kinder are considered returning students. Details regarding returning student registration will be posted in July.
- Tuesday, June 8
- Tuesday, June 15
- Tuesday, July 20
- Thursday, July 22
A Head Start representative will contact parents regarding qualification for Head Start. ENROLLMENT IN HEAD START IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN RECEIVES CONFIRMATION.
For questions regarding the Head Start application process, please contact the Brown County Head Start campus at 325-643-1727 or 325-658-6571.
Students must qualify for Pre-K before completing the online registration process. Click here to complete the Pre-K Qualification form. Parent/guardian will be contacted regarding approval or denial.
For questions regarding the PK application process, please contact Cindi Caraway at email@example.com, or 325-643-5644, ext 1105.
Approved Pre-K and Kinder through Grade 12:
Parent/guardian may complete the registration process online through the BISD Ascender Parent Portal.