I have communicated with a few of you that I am only requiring you to complete "5" lessons now from the time of the school closure after Spingbreak through the end of this school year. I took out all quizzes, tests, and now you need only to answer the multiple-choice questions.
I have had some students complete lessons on-line in Odyssey and some have been sent lesson packets (two sets of packets in all). If you have not completed your "5" lessons during this time period, you will be receiving a grade of "NP" for No Progress and will need to work on your lessons during the summer.
The last day I will be checking Odyssey for completed lessons will be Monday, May 18th. May 18th is also the last Monday to drop of completed packet lessons that were mailed out to you (May 25th is Memorial Day and the school is closed that last week for teachers to wrap things up and close out their classrooms for the 2019-20 school year.)
If you have any questions you can always e-mail at email@example.com
Thanks you, Mrs. Beelby
You will be able to communicate with me through the Odyssey message board. I will be checking for your messages by 10:00 am 1:00 pm, and 3:00 pm daily (Monday - Friday.) I will be reassigning questions at that time as well. If you received Odyssey lessons in the mail you can switch over to on-line Odyssey lessons just message me in Odyssey or email me that you want to switch over.
You will only be required to complete one lesson a week during the closure. You can always do more lessons especially if you are interested in working on a grade recovery.
You only need to answer the multiple-choice questions. I will be skipping all essay type of questions in the lessons, quizzes, and tests and will adjust the grading when you turn in your assignment.
Odyssey Lessons On-line
- Tests - You have one try and that is your grade.
- Quizzes - You have two tries to improve your grade
- Message me when you are ready for me to reassign the questions you missed on your quiz.
- Lessons - up to three tries to improve the grade
- You may keep your passing (70% or better) graded lesson at any point or try to improve it up to the three tries.
- Message me when you want me to reassign the questions that you missed on a lesson to retry
- I will check for your messages by 10:00 am, 1:00 pm, and 3:00 pm daily (Monday - Friday) Lessons - up to three tries to improve the grade
- Extra Credit - You can go to Cool Math or another educational math game sight and play a math review game appropriate for your age and take a screenshot of your score and e-mail it to me. Limit one game per week (10 pts). Or you can make an 8 in x 11 in size poster ad (good effort put in it and colorful) for the game you played and how it could help you in math. Again, you would have to take a picture of it and email it to me (20 pts) firstname.lastname@example.org
Take care and I look forward to hearing from you soon.