Learn More About the Military

Did either of your parents serve in the military? If so, you may qualify for educational benefits:

  • -If your parent was a Texas resident at the time of joining the service, you may be eligible for Hazlewood tuition exemption.

    Hazlewood Act Information 

    -If your parent meets deployment status and transferred his/her benefits, then you may be eligible for Post 911/G.I.Bill.

    G.I. Bill Information

    -If your parent died or is permanently disabled as a result of military service, you may be eligible for Chapter 35 benefits. 

    Chapter 35 Benefits