Procedures and Rules
Conference period: 5th Period 11:09 – 11:56 am, Room 606
This year Middle School will be offering the services of a Learning Lab. Some reasons a teacher may send a student to the Learn Lab maybe if they missed a test, needing to complete an assignment that everyone else has finished, or needing to participate in a study session before taking a test. I also run the Odyssey grade recovery program in the Learning Lab.
Learning Lab Goals
- to combine the expertise of general educators, special educators, specialists, and other campus staff to provide the most appropriate education possible for all students
- to help each student become aware of his/her strengths, areas of need, and appropriate strategies.
- to assist each student in becoming “study skill independent”.
- to create conditions that encourage students' success in the general education classroom.
At the beginning of class:
- Place your backpacks on the right side of the room as you enter.
- Sign in on the I-pad and give your Learning Lab pass to me and begin your lesson or test immediately.
- Odyssey Students - Sign in, get your assigned computer and start your lesson/s for the day.
- Sharpen your pencil when necessary but no more than two people at a time at the sharpener and not during instruction times.
- No gum allowed in class
- Save trash until after class
- Bathroom/water/nurse/locker policy:
- Please do not ask to leave class unless there is an emergency. Anyone who consistently asks to leave will need to schedule an individual conference with the teacher.
- No one will be excused during the first or last 10 minutes of class or during certain activities.
- Bathroom needs are to be taken care of during the three minute passing periods.
- You will not be allowed to go to your locker once the class has begun.
Leaving the classroom
- When you are finished be sure to get your return to class pass, sign out on the clipboard, and take your work with you back to class.
Remember: You may not leave the room the first or last 10 minutes or the last 10 minutes of class.
2. Odyssey Students - Log out of Odyssey program and your laptop
- Return and plug in your laptop to the proper charging station
End of class:
- Pack up your belongings only after you have been asked to do so.
- Clean up the area around your desk before you leave and return any borrowed materials.
- Sign out, get your pass, and take your completed work back with you to your teacher.
- Wait in your seat to be dismissed by your teacher.
- Behave like ladies and gentlemen (respecting yourself, your teacher and others as well as classroom materials).
- Be on time for class.
- No gum chewing.
- Be prepared for class.
- Do your best (belief in yourself and always trying to do your best).
- Nothing at your desk except supplies needed for the lesson.
- No cell phones without permission.
We will work together to celebrate our learning and be rewarded with positive calls, notes, and increased privileges.
However, I will not allow any behavior in our classroom that inhibits another student’s ability to learn!!!
Therefore, I follow a strict discipline policy as outlined below.
Minor Infractions or Level 1 Offenses-(see code of conduct)
1st incident Verbal warning/teacher-student conference
2nd incident E-mail Parent
3rd incident Teacher calls parent/guardian for conference
4th incident Teacher writes office referral
Major Infractions 3 Offenses-(see code of conduct)
Teacher writes office referral immediately.
Level 2 Offenses may or may not result in an immediate office referral.